Life's Balance: Eat, Lift, Teach.

Friday, April 2, 2010

turkey YUM


Just a quick post on the way into the shower and out the door! A very good friend of mine ms. jessica bossler shared a meatloaf recipe with that i tweaked around and is AMAZING, thank you jess! Okay, I realize it doesn't look so pretty but when have you ever really seen a "pretty" meatloaf? I didn't bake it in that container, I just sliced it when it cooled and transferred it into some tupperware for 4 tasty meals. So the recipe..

1lb ground turkey (I used 97% and it was plenty moist)
1/4c chopped onions
1/4c chopped celery
1c dry oatmeal
1 whole egg
2TB ketchup
Mix all of that together in a bowl with your hands, then dump it into a non stick loaf pan and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. I sliced it into 4 pieces so that I had 1/4c starch & 4oz protein in each slice! I just ate a slice with a little brocilli and dipped it in mustard, and it was like turkey cake..so moist. I'm already thinking about when I can eat it again, hell i'd eat it again in 3 hours if I didn't want to try and savior it! I'm trying to save some damn calories so I can eat ham and coconut cake on sunday It's a little fam tradition & I don't ever turn down coconut cake..or anything coconut related. I'll have to do meal photography for the whole day just for accountability!
Hope everyone enjoyed the sunshine today! :) xoxox

1 comment: