Life's Balance: Eat, Lift, Teach.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

happy easter

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone else had a great relaxing day regardless of what you were doing. I drove to wilmington for the day to spend time with my amazing family and laughed enough for 100 crunches! I slept in for once, until about 8ish, and had some protein pancakes=yum! I'm always too ready to eat them that I forget to take a picture. I knew we were eating easter dinner at lunchtime haha, so I tried to have a hearty breakfast so I wouldn't be diving into the mixed nuts before lunch. I forgot to take pictures of ...everything! But my fabulous grandmother cooked up a storm. We had ham, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, baked beans, coleslaw, deviled eggs(which are also my fav) and then my absolute favorite the traditional coconut cake (with coconut dyed green per my request!) I had a little bit of everything without going too overboard and had a slice of the greatest coconut cake you've ever tasted. I only get to eat it twice a year so I do not ever turn it down.

Today was my only rest day from the gym, so I tried to take full advantage of that, but it's so hard! Amy and I took a really nice walk around the neighborhood after lunch/dinner and it was so hot I think I sweat off at least 1/2 of the calories from that cake. I thought about doing a little circuit training once I got back home, but I know I need rest, so i'll just do it! It's going to be a long week so I might as well rest while I can.

I have a quick paper to type on Child Abuse (..such a depressing sad subject) and then I'm going to read the last few pages of my book. It's been such an eye opening book on such a real issue. One of my favorite quotes from Kerry was..

"Not being able to live without someone is not love, it's need"


Tomorrow is monday, is your schedule set, to do list made and goals written out?

No comments:

Post a Comment