Life's Balance: Eat, Lift, Teach.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Power of Friends & My Fav Cardio!

I had a strange day that went from amazing to downhill in a few hours. I had an amazing morning workout, great afternoon with my siblings and then somehow found my self in a bowl of spanish rice and tortilla chips? I don't know that I was just hanging out with it but rather sitting in it almost bathing in spanish rice. This is also after I busted my a- double snakes on the elliptical doing crazy intervals after lifting...glad I just added all those calories I sweat off right back onto my hips. So to the point of this story is I was all depressive and unhappy about what happened and got the PERFECT pick me up. I went on a long walk with one of my very best friends and felt completely re-energized. I can tell him anything from fitness to relationships to teaching and he always gives me a clear focused mind. First off, no one is perfect and I am not inspired by people who claim to be perfect. I like to hear how people turn around a bad day and make it a great day. I love to hear about women with 4 kids who lose 50 pounds and turn into fitness models, or the people on biggest loser that change their lives and lose 200lbs. Do not ignore the power of a good friend, a personal motivator to make you remember who you are and why you do what you are passionate about.




Now..my favorite cardio! I have gotten a lot of messages about ab workouts, etc. First off, all abs are at least 80% made in the kitchen, unless your using illegal supplements or have crazy unfair genetics (i hate you!). I am going to make some videos of my favorite core exercises, but until I can get that done, I'm going to post some of my favorite cardio routines. I've done A LOT of cardio intervals over the past few years and have come up with some great ones that personally work for me, you can modify them to work for you better, but these are cardio routines that i've literally done in the past few weeks. I rotate machines and interval types, but I tend to have a handful that I rotate around and switch up as I need to.

This is a sample of my treadmill cardio. Normally I'm doing this first thing in the morning or right after a lift (so I don't do too much of a warm up-yeah yeah I know that's probably not good, but i'm freaking tired). This will run you about 30 minutes, and then I usually do 15 minutes on the stair master at like a level 7-9, I have a love obsession with the stairs, but that's another story for another day! I will be posting more as I write them out, so happy sweating for now!


1 comment: