Life's Balance: Eat, Lift, Teach.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

greek yogurt=happiness.

"Though his body says stop, his spirit crys never"
"Hi, my name is casey and i'm a greek yogurt addict." I don't know what I would do without greek yogurt. I think about greek yogurt & egg whites/oatmeal all day long (well i think about peanut butter, ice cream sundaes, mexican food and buffalo wings all day too but thats another story). The funny thing about it is I bought it numerous times and would literally vomit at the thought of eating it and then after throwing enough money out the window MAGICALLY I developed a taste for it, and am in love. Now, the one pictured is Chobani and it's non-fat vanilla flavored which I usually don't buy but my grocery store convientely was out of Oikos non-fat plain and these were on sale, so I didn't complain.



Some of my favorite mix-in's for greek yogurt are :

(obviously not all together)

  • 1/4c ezekiel granola
  • 1TB coconut oil
  • 1TB organic honey
  • 1/4-1/2c strawberries or blueberries
  • 1 dollup of cool whip lite & 1TB dark chocolate pieces (if you're looking for a dessert fix!)
  • cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or any of your favorite extracts (1/2tsp coconut/almond/vanilla extract)

...seriously you're possibilities are endless and I've barely even gotten started learning all the ways to enjoy it!


As for the rest of the day..
I woke up really late this morning, I don't know why I couldn't sleep last night. So I didn't get into the gym until around 830am, but it's okay because hottie stone cold was there so I had somethign to look at. Ok, Steve Austin really doesn't work out in my gym, but when I first saw this guy I almost asked for his autograph-hell I still might. I trained savage figure for quads and glutes and had to make stuff up as I went along since have the equiptment had the pads removed (for the new ones coming in). I'll be honest, I could care less how pretty the machines look or how nice the paint on the wall is, as long as everything I need is there and in DECENT condition, I'm happy. I don't care about the bathroom fixtures or a fresh pad on the hack squat, cause my sweaty butt is sitting on it and it hurts regardless. So after making my legs feel like jelly I hopped in the shower quick and headed off to teach one of my last math lessons! :) Students are on spring break next week and I'm in desperate need of the break. Love them but I can't wait to not wear dress pants, not hear my name, not see any hands raised, not talk about rounding & geometric figures, and get a little time to catch up! We're starting a fun unit on citizenship when they get back and I need to get a few things finished for that. I'll only be teaching the first week of the unit and then I send them off for the year! I get so excited for my time to end all semester and then the time comes and I miss them all like crazy. I just had some hummus and celery and now i'm off to hop in a spin class! I cannot wait to get some sleepytime tea & my new favorite book "Loose Girl" by Kerry Cohen (i'll talk more about this book later, it's a great memoir) and climb into bed tonight, I need the sleep.
xoxo casey!

1 comment:

  1. Good reading girl, you and your greek yogurt.. Stone Cold was in the house again??? I'm a guy 100% but his squat routine I envy... Keep up the great journals honey...

    ReplyDelete