Life's Balance: Eat, Lift, Teach.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

good training, good day, good girl.


Good afternoon! I'm just getting used to all of this blogging stuff, so I keep forgetting to take pictures, which I know makes these blogs so much more interesting! Anyone who knows me knows that I complain about living in the south all the time, but how can you miss New England when it's 70 and sunny all week here?

Anyways, I couldn't sleep to save my life last night, so when my alarm went off for 530am cardio, I was quick to hit snooze. I finally rolled out of bed from a horrible dream around 645am. I had one of my favorite breakfasts:

3 egg whites (usually I use 4, but I used protein powder today)
1/4scoop protein powder
1/4tsp baking powder (apparently I'm supposed to use baking soda, but I don't know the difference)
2-3 strawberries (or 1/4c any berries)
cinnamon, lots of cinnamon


blend that all up in the blender, or just whisk it and pour on a hot skillet and make like pancakes! I usually get about 4-5 thin pancakes if I use the blender and 2 hearty pancakes if i just whisk. Then I topped them with


2TB sugar free maple syrup
1/2TB coconut oil (shhh. I'm not supposed to be eating that, but i'm addicted!)


Okay, so after this I scooted off to the gym for a late morning training session, of course after a cup of coffee. If you've never had the cinnamon hazelnut coffee from fresh market you're missing out! My mother kindly picked up a $10/lb bag for me last time she was there!



I got my Savage Figure Training in for the day, which was Hams/Calves/Core, I added in a few more super sets and did a little extra here and there, and needless to say I was dripping with sweat and red in the face 15 minutes into my lift. But my butt is going to say POW, so it's okay. I hit the stairmaster or stair mill whatever the hell that thing is called (i'm exhausted with trying to remember what it's called..i use the REVOLVING staircase) for 20 minutes of intervals at a level 10. Just a side note, that thing goes up to a level 20, and i'm determined to get there. So far the best I've done is level 15 and you're literally sprinting up the stairs, I don't know that I want to see level 20. Then I hopped on the elliptical for 10 minutes of incline intervals with a steady speed & had a little light conversation with my good friend Herm, who will be doing a guest post by the way. I am so blessed to have him in my life to give me training advice and keep me sane, the man is amazing.


Okay, I'm working later, so I've got to get started on a few school things before tomorrow. I have somehow come up with the fabulous idea to make bracelets about the times tables for some struggling students. They are freaking adorable if I do say so myself, but so much work! But I think i'll have some happy students tomorrow! I <3>




No comments:

Post a Comment